Welcome to June!!!!
It’s hard to believe another month of 2020 has come and gone! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and you are looking forward to a WARM and SUNNY week ahead! This week I am sharing some of my childhood favorite recipes- with a healthy twist!
Monday June 1st!
Tabata workouts are short bursts of all out energy followed by a quick rest break then right back into the exercise. Use the image below to try out a 6 exercise Tabata style workout! Try to complete 3 rounds if you can!
Home made Cheezits! Here is what you will need:
- 1/8 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Onion powder
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 8 oz Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Water
- Combine shredded cheese, butter, salt, onion powder and garlic powder in a food processor, if available. Otherwise, combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add flour and again pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add 2 Tbsp of water and pulse (or mix using your hands) until the mixture resembles dough. This took a couple of minutes in my food processor, and a little bit longer using my hands. Add the remaining tablespoon of water if the dough is too dry.
- Divide the dough into thirds (or roll into logs), cover and put in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Either roll out the dough and cut into squares or sliced pieces from the logs and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Crackers are done when they are a light to a medium golden brown.
Tuesday June 2nd!
Well… after taking 20 minutes to go through this workout… all I can say is I am SWEEEEATY! Try it for yourself!
Banana Peanut Butter Sushi!
If you have not checked out “On My Kids Plate” at www.onmykidsplate.com I highly recommend this site for easy and fun meal ideas! Today, try making the banana roll up sushi! SUSHI RECIPE
What you’ll need:
- 1 Small tortilla
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter, nut-butter or nut-butter alternative
- 1 Banana
Wednesday June 3rd
Anyone else missing baseball season? Try setting up your own bases in your living room or backyard and try out this baseball workout!
One of my guilty pleasures is pizza rolls!!!! We tried this find recipe this weekend and they were AMAZING! Here is what you need:
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
- 2/3 cup Pizza sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- dash dried basil
Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
Unroll a package of refrigerated pizza crust onto a large cutting board.
Spread 2/3 cup of pizza sauce over the dough.
Sprinkle with 1 cup Mozzarella cheese.
Carefully roll the dough to make a log shape.
Pinch the sides and using a pizza cutter or knife, slice into 10 individual pieces.
Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and rolls are a light golden brown.
*Remove from oven and sprinkle a dash of dried basil on top. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Thursday June 4th!
Exercise: Roll the dice, learn your workout! If you do not have a dice at home, here is a link to a virtual dice: https://www.random.org/dice/
One of the things I will miss this summer is a warm corn dog at the Dane County fair! I found an alternative recipe with home made corn bread that should do the trick until next year…. check it out! CORN DOGS!
Friday June 5th
Exercise: the forecast for today says it should be B-E-A-UTIFUL out! today’s challenge is to talk a stroll outside, ride your bike, or hang out on the porch and enjoy some sunshine!
Have you ever raced a friend to see who can eat their fruit rollup fastest?! Fruit by the Foot snack are tasty but have lots of extra sugar! Here is a recipe for a healthier fruit roll up! FRUIT ROLL UP
Saturday June 6th
Exercise: For the last tough workout of the week try this high intensity circuit workout:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmWPRv6g9aI&feature=share
I believe cereal is great for any meal of the day, however, sometimes, I don’t want the cereal, milk, bowl…. the mess. Check out these yogurt and cereal tree bark bars! They are refreshing and give you the crunch you are looking for!
Sunday June 7th
Exercise: After a long week, let’s end it with a nice long stretch session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeNwE4VXqgs
Activity: Today’s activity is to pick out a book that you want to read over the next week. With school wrapping up, it’s time to set some summer reading and learning goals!
See you next week!