Happy almost Halloween! Here is a spooky list of activities to get you ready for your halloween adventures!
Monday October 26th: Fall apple snacks!
What you need:
- apples (cut into thin slices shaped like a mouth)
- Nut butter, honey, or cookie butter of your choice
- Marshmallows! (small)
what you need:
- Apples cut into rings
- Pretzel sticks
- Chocolate chips
- Nut butter of your choice!
Tuesday October 27th: Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats!!!!
What you need:
- Salted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Mini marshmallows
- Rice Krispies cereal- plain
- Green food coloring
- Black decorating icing or cookie icing
- Large candy eyeballs (or marshmallows!)
How to make:
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pot or Dutch oven on the stovetop.
- Then add in the vanilla extract, salt, and mini marshmallows.
- Continue stirring until the marshmallows have fully melted, and then add green food coloring until you have the shade of green you want (8-12 drops).
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and quickly stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Spread in a 9×13 pan, let cool, cut into squares and decorate!
Wednesday October 28th: Halloween iSpy!
Check out this cool halloween iSpy activity! How many of each can you find?
Thursday October 29th: Print and Color Halloween masks!
“ItsAlwaysAutumn” has a link for really fun print and color masks! Encourage your kiddos to practice their cutting skills to cut them out on the lines!
Friday October 30th: Halloween candy and toy search!
Seek out spider webbing like this.
Then hide pieces of candy, small halloween toys (example) inside and set a timer! See how quickly they can untangle the toys and candy from the webbing! Easy to repeat and use again for all children in the home!
Saturday and Sunday: HALLOWEEN
Here is a link to an article that has some fun ideas for alternative halloween activities for 2020: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/COVID-19/Pages/Halloween-COVID-Safety-Tips.aspx