Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, despite the challenges and limitations on gathering this year. This week, we have snacks, crafts, and winter activities to keep you busy during the final weeks of the semester! Enjoy!
Monday November 30th: Workout!
Start the week out with a good workout after a weekend of rest, good food, and celebrating!
Tuesday December 1: Winter crackers and cheese!
What you need:
- 10 small crackers (keebler, ritz, wheat thins)
- 2-4 ham slices (or your preferred deli meat)
- 2-4 cheddar cheese slices (or whatever cheese you prefer)
How to make:
1-Use the cracker to cut out deli meat shaped cracker shapes
2- Use small cookie cutters or kitchen safe scissors to cut cheese slices into fun winter shapes that will fit onto the cracker!
3- later the cracker, deli meat, then cheese
4 – Enjoy!
Wednesday December 2: Snowman popcorn cups!
Winter is a great time to settle down and watch a movie in your warm home! “Eats Amazing” has a fun and easy craft that you can use to customize your popcorn cup to enjoy during a family movie night!
All you need is:
- Clear or white plastic cups
- black and orange sharpie marker pens
Thursday December 3: SNOW PAINT!
Looks like we might be getting some snow today in the midwest! Here is an easy option for making shiny snow paint to make your own winter decorations!
- Shaving Cream
- White school glue
- Peppermint extract
- Iridescent glitter or buffalo snow
- Begin by popping the glue into the refrigerator. Leave overnight and then make paint the next morning.
- Place glue bottle on counter ten minutes just to get it flowing before making paint.
Making the paint
- Begin by combining roughly equal parts of chilled glue and shaving cream in a bowl.
- Sprinkle in glitter. You can also add a few drops of peppermint extract for a wintry scent.
- Then, finish the paint off with more glitter.
- Whisk and enjoy!
*you can use a standard paintbrush and paper for this activity!*
Friday December 4th: 100’s workout!
10 reps of each: sit ups, lunges, arm circles, squats, planks for 5 seconds x to, jumping jacks, leg lifts, high knees in place, single foot hops, push ups!