Welcome to our Month 1 of Q&A with our counselors!
On a Monthly basis we will ask our counselors a series of fun questions.
This month get to know Michelle Petty, MS, LCPC, NCC, RPT
Michelle joined HOPE in July of 2011. Michelle completed her Master’s of Science in Human Services/Counseling from National-Louis University. She has worked with children, families and adults in a variety of community settings including child protection and early intervention since 2005.
- If you could live anywhere 🌎 where would it be? For now, goal is to get to Colorado.
- What is your favorite thing about your career 💻? Hard to say a favorite, helping people heal but who can resist play!
- What is your favorite book 📙to read? The Alchemist
- What did you want to be when you were small 👩💻? When I was younger, I wanted to be an accountant. I love math.
- What is your favorite game 🏓or sport 🏈to watch and play? Watch-hockey or baseball; play- tennis or volleyball (in my younger more fit years)
- What would you sing 🎤🎶at Karaoke night? Ohhh… depends who is singing with me.
- Which would you rather do: wash dishes 🍽,mow the lawn 🍃, clean the bathroom 🚽 , or vacuum the house 🏠 ? Mow the lawn.
- If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have 🦹♀️? Flying, Invisibility, Time travel
- What’s your favorite family recipe 🍲 ? Hungarian Rice
- What’s your favorite movie 🎞🍿? Harry Potter Series, Marvel movies
- What was your favorite subject in school 🎓? Math until I took Psychology.
- What’s your favorite color 🎨? Depends on the day, usually some sort of ocean blue-green or purple
- What would be the most amazing adventure ✈️ to go on? Tour around Europe or Cruise around Alaska
- What is your favorite afternoon snack 🍪 ? cheese and crackers
- Who’s your go to band or artist 🎧🎸 when you can’t decide on something to listen to? Whatever comes up on the playlist first.
- If you had to change your name 🗣what would you change it to? Just call me maybe. haha
- What’s your favorite ice cream 🍦topping? something crunchy