Welcome to a new week of activities!
I hope you all had the chance to enjoy the lovely weather this weekend! Here are your new activities for the week!
This week’s workouts are to answer these questions and use your answers to fid out what exercises you will do that day! There are 20 total questions, answer as many as you can by next Sunday!
- What is one type of food you would like to try?
- If you could pick your dream job, what would your title be?
- What is your favorite board game? Video game?
- Who is the best Marvel superhero?
- If you only had homework from one subject in school, which subject would you pick?
- What is your middle name?
- What is your dream car? (for the younger ones: what color is the family car?)
- What is the main ingredient in hummus?
- What would be the title of a book about your life so far?
- What is your favorite store to shop at?
- If you could make a new flavor of potato chip, what flavor would you pick?
- What is the best breakfast food?
- Do you have a favorite smell? What is it?
- Who is your most memorable teacher from school?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- If you could name a pet, what animal would it be and what would you name it?
- If you would trade places with anyone for a day, who would you pick?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would you pick?
- What is your favorite chore?
- Favorite Disney movie? or movie?
Monday: Birdseed ornaments!
Now that we finally have some warm weather, we can start to see some of our bird neighbors coming out to build their nested homes for the warm months! Check out this link for a fun way to make a bird feeder without needing a a full wooden box!
Tuesday: A Helping Hand
With all of the changes and messages floating around in the world about how we can help our neighbors and communities, I found an online game that is designed to have the user act as a helper in a “bust hotel.” It can help your child get in the mindset of helping others and can help them understand the benefit of working together to accomplish a greater goal!
Wednesday: At Home Science Fair!
I’ve been told by a number of the kiddos I work with that they had to miss their spring science fairs when schools were closed down! Here is a 3 ingredient experiment your kids can perform without feeling like they have not been able to participate in science class!
Thursday: Balloon Tennis!
Now that we can get outside and play (safely with appropriate distancing) try making your own paper plate tennis racquets that are perfect for indoor or outdoor balloon tennis! You can also use this same design with a sturdy plate or piece of cardboard to use a real tennis ball! How many hits can you get on the balloon before the balloon touches the ground?
Friday: Ahhh summer camp….
For those if you that haver even been to sleep-away camp, you may have made these dreamcatchers before. Popsicle stick dreamcatchers are a popular craft for summer camps. When I was at camp as a child, I was told to make a wish before tying off the final knot. As long as you don’t share your wish, it is believed to come true!
Saturday: MORE SCIENCE!!
Have you ever made a tornado in a jar? Some instructions call for two 1-liter bottles taped together, to save the possible mess and time, try this one jar idea for a home made tornado jar! Here is a youtube video that can help educate your kids on what a tornado is! YOUTUBE
Sunday: unplug and relax
Today, take some time to unplug and relax. Enjoy the weather, go outside, spend time with family. Parents- you can use today as a day to focus on asking your kids about things going on with regard to the pandemic, peaceful protesting, and what to expect this summer while social distancing is still in place!
See you all next week!